Bild your own SNORT – materials list, suppliers and their item numbers , build notes, schematics, and operation checklists can be downloaded at https://www.wetfun.com/snort
To reduce variables in testing have the same person pack the scrubber for each test, and use a single keg of absorbent, weigh the scrubber before packing and after to record the weight of absorbent used in each test.
It is essential that the breathing loop and scrubber canister must be submerged in the water bath.
Developers, divers, and tinkers can then:
- Research scrubber duration in different water temperatures
- Duration at lower CO2 injection rates
- Temperature effect in axial vs. radial
- Can insulation extend scrubber duration? What works best?
- How does scrubber shape effect duration – small diameter axial vs. large diameter?
- Duration using Air diluent vs Trimix Diluent
- 8 lb scrubber vs 5 lb scrubber, which is more efficient in absorbing CO2
Nice image of SNORT 1 our rebreather scrubber duration test facility.